Thursday, May 20, 2010

23 Reasons to say NO to Sex

I've heard stories and regrets many times over and over, by younger and older friends alike. I thought maybe people just don't know how or why to say no to sex. Here are reasons why you shouldn't give in and allow for latter regret, and also ways you can say no. Hope it helps you to avoid reasons for regret, and hopefully I won't hear any more stories of regret =P

1. You are in a relationship

2. They are in a relationship

3. You’re not ready

4. You feel unsure, insecure or uncomfortable

5. They say things like “It's for you, just this one time”

6. “For everything you've been through”

7. “You owe me”

8. “Do you want it to get all over the bed?”

9. “If you cared about/loved me, you would”

10. “It can be our little secret”

11. “Don’t tell [insert name here]”

12. “I will get it from someone else if you don’t give it to me”

13. “I missed you” (Not the same if you’re in love and in a relationship with the person for obvious reasons.)

14. “Come on, give it a try, I’m sure you’ll be good”

15. “You’ll give me blue ball if you don't”

16. “You built me up, you can’t stop now”

17. “I need it”

18. “Guys have to have sex or they get a build up”

19. They invite you to a hotel/camping with people you may or may not know, and predominantly males (No intention of sexism, the same would apply if a heap of females invited a male camping).

20. They come into your room in the middle of the night without invitation.

21. They distract you from things you’re supposed to be doing, eg. Homework, chores, sleeping – clearly they don’t care about you’re wellbeing and education. (Different again if you’re married and they take you away from your chores)

22. If they offer to drive you, buy you something or do you any favour for sex.

23. You’re not in love, you haven’t communicated with them about sex, contraceptives, STDs, you don’t know each others status (Virgin or not), etc.

So if you find yourself in any of these situations, say no, you’ll feel better for it, and someone goes unrewarded for manipulating others into sexual acts.


Saying No. By Claire Daniel 
Ways you could say no:

1. I'm riding the crimson wave. And it's the first day.

2. I'm sorry, but my vagina is tired. (Yawn)

3. I put out on the second date. (Wink)

4. I've taken a six-month vow of celibacy.

5. Can we stop at the chemist so I can pick up some tampons?

6. It's too humid right now.

7. You have to earn it.

8. I'm getting my birth control refilled tomorrow.

9. What kind of girl do you think I am?

10. I have a seriously upset stomach, must have been the crabmeat.

11. I could use a waxing, seriously.

12. I have standards. You need to at least buy me dinner. Twice.

13. I'm allergic to latex.

Ways you should say no:

1. Listen, we are not having sex tonight.

2. I have a [insert number] date rule.

3. My philosophy is: Good things come to those who wait.

4. I'm on a Puritan cleanse. I'm delaying present pleasures for future pay-offs.

5. I need your help on an editorial project that I am working on, it's about lines you can give a guy that would a) indicate future interest but b) delay the sex act for at least that night...

6. We should probably get tested before we do anything.

7. I'll meet you halfway—phone sex?

8. Good old honesty: I really like you and I'm attracted to you, but I'd like to wait a little before we sleep together. Not forever, not a really long time, just a little longer, OK? If he gives you a major problem about that, then he's probably a jerk anyway.

Saying No http://www.yourtango.com/2006143/spiritual-sex.html by Claire Daniel
Image "No sex on first date please" [http://impulsemagazine.net/reasons-men-say-no-to-first-date-sex/]

No comments:

Post a Comment